Monday, July 28, 2008

We miss you Luke!

There are moments in our lives when tragedy strikes, whether expected or unexpected, that demand courage from deep within us to overcome. We lost an amazing friend and cousin. Luke was an amazing person with so much to offer this world. Words fall short of expressing my love and admiration of him. I will always remember the times on the river growing up, the endless games of HORSE, getting spanked by you in derby on the diamond, and the late night Denny's runs with the clan.

I am grateful for my testimony of prayer during good times and bad. God is always there to lift our burdens and make them light. Even when we don't see a possibility to be comforted, He will comfort us. Although comfort wanes at the moment, one day we will meet again.

I miss you Luke



March 19, 1981-July 26, 2008

On July 26, 2008, Lucas James Aitken was ushered from this mortal estate into the bosom of loved ones and eternal friends. He was born on March 19, 1981, in Salt Lake City, Utah to M. Glen and Patricia Aitken.

We will miss his infectious smile, charismatic presence and his ability to stir and provoke. He was happiest when he was "hanging" with friends and family, fly fishing on a clear mountain stream, or participating in just about any sport or competition. As a member of the LDS faith, he was active in Scouting and achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. He graduated from Woods Cross High School and was pursuing a career in plumbing. He was loved and will be sorely missed by all.



Lucas is survived by his parents, M. Glen and Patricia Aitken, and his siblings, Justin, Chelsea, and Jace Aitken. Lucas leaves behind many loving aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Reed and Elizabeth Aitken, grandfather, Keith S. Howard, and uncle, Keith S. Howard, Jr.

Funeral services will be held Thursday, July 31, 2008, at 11 a.m. at Redwood Memorial Estates, 6500 South Redwood Road. A viewing will be held Wednesday, July 30, 2008, from 6-8 p.m. at Redwood Memorial Estates and on Thursday, July 31, 2008, one hour prior to the service.

4 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

We are so sorry guys! That is so sad and he is so young. I hope your families are hanging in there. Best of luck with the funeral stuff coming up in a couple of days.

kori said...

Our thoughts are with you!

Jake and Heidi said...

yeah ...it just goes to show you what a small world it is. I feel bad that I didn't know Luke better. I do remember though as it was mentioned several times during his funeral that he was always making people smile. That is Luke! I'm so sorry. It is so sad.

Jason and Megan said...

We are sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a fun guy.