Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mexican Riviera!

WOW! What a trip. We just spent 1 week cruising from LA to Puerto "Dumparta" Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. We had an amazing time but we were glad to come home to warm weather, an unplowed driveway, and most especially our baby boy!

This 1st pic is as we were leaving on Dec 1st. Left 10 inches of fresh virgin powpow!

Then we headed to our luxurious raft
The ship was amazing. For any of you who have been on a cruise, you know what we're saying when we say "All you can eat!" We ate mroe than we definitely should have. After 5 days on the ship, 10 meals per day, we started packing on the LB's! We were happy to have formal night where we were privileged to purchase this photo of us before dinner one night......




The ports were fun. Puerto was our least favorite, maybe because we spent some time walking around the slums of the city. It was sad how they lived. Mazatlan was nicer, but the vendors on the beach got annoying. I went parasailing though, it was fun. Here's a pic I took while flying around.


Next stop was Cabo, which we enjoyed. Kati and the ladies from my work went shopping and I went Marlin fishing with a buddy on the ship. Unfortunately, we didn't catch anything but some waves. We did, however, see a lot of whales, manna rays, and marlin jumping. So I guess it would be a more accurate statement to say we went sightseeing.

We have a lot of fun pictures but it's late, I'm tired, and it's time for bed!

17 comments:

kori said...

Looks like fun! I'm jealous. Thanks for hanging out with me yesterday - Maybe Santa will bring you guys a box of those Trader Joe Peppermint Oreos!!!!!

The Cullimore's said...

Looks like a fun trip! I am sorry to see the new picture of you guys...all you can eat is right! Welcome back!

Jeff said...

Were there any alligators down there?

The Marsing's said...

Angus,

Plenty-o-gators! Gotta go down there sometime when we wear tired of the swamps of Bama!

Willie

Jeff said...

You should tell Kati that I couldn't get the Martinelli's open tonight, so instead of a chisel and a hammer I simply used a butter knife--all thanks to her!

We Bloggin...

Stacey said...

How was the vacation? I am trying to talk Eric into going on a cruise but he is not liking the idea. You need to talk to him foe me.

Jeff said...

Dude...how did you get that picture of your ship??? Did you have to bail out?!? Or were they pulling you on a water weenie?

The Marsing's said...

Jefe,

The pic wasn't taken from the weenie of the water. I took it as we were driving out to Marlin fish. :-)

abbyjane said...

Ya right...it's ok E, you ain't gotta lie to kick it. Even if you didn't go on a cruise and just posted some pics you found on the internet, I'll still be your friend. Marlin fishin...hah! Who do you think you are, Alan Jackson?

Katelyn said...

Holy cow! I found your blog on on of my old friends from high school stacy. How are you guys since I never really see ya? Hope you had fun on your cruise!

Tiffani said...

It's not often I happen across other Marsing's on the net. :) I'm a Marsing too. Tiffani to be exact. Just wanted to say hello!

abbyjane said...

post something...you're slacking

Madi Armstrong said...

kati!!!!!!!!! this is madisyn.. from studio 1! i just found your blog! do you remember me?.....

Madi Armstrong said...

the last time i saw you, you were pregnant!

The Marsing's said...

Madi, I can't see what your blog address is. It's good to hear from you. I miss you guys!

Madi Armstrong said...

well i don't actually have one... funny story.. but maybe one day. i only typed one in cuz i wanted to leave comments on other people's. haha i'll tell you when i decide to make one

Jason and Megan said...

What a fun trip. I am glad you had fun. Too bad you didn't catch a marlin. That would be a cool experience. Megan and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks but no time to fish.